LinkedIn posting: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1704654571/Qualifications:
Who You'll Work With:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years human resources and compensation experience required
- External consulting experience desired
- Background in compensation and has supported external clients or internal compensation teams
- Has experience working on projects covering some of the following: pay philosophy review, benchmarking analyses, range development, job architecture, incentive design, performance management linkage to compensation, comp due diligence in M&A, Comp Committee materials prep, market pricing, and proxy analyses.Strong analytical capability and Microsoft Excel dexterity are a must
- Strong communication skills, confidence, maturity, and the ability to interact as a peer to firm partners
You'll join our New York office as part of our Compensation Intelligence & Advisory (CIA) team within the Global Compensation Function (GCF).
This recently formed and rapidly growing group shapes global compensation approaches for the firm and provides expertise on compensation design and delivery.
Priority initiatives in the Compensation Intelligence & Advisory team that you will be at the forefront include reviewing and developing compensation structures in multiple geographies, and conducting market benchmarking exercises to ensure appropriate pay levels and practices across all populations firm-wide.
You will collaborate closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, applying strong analytical capability and communication skills to deliver market-based perspectives and well-grounded recommendations that produce real impact.
What You'll Do
You will lead market benchmarking projects to assess our pay positioning for a set of roles or geographies and to ensure we have a pulse of market compensation across our talent profiles and build relationships with leading global compensation consulting firms in support of high-impact projects.
You will also be responsible for collaborating with talent management and HR colleagues to assess local compensation structures and determine whether ranges should be modified.
Additionally, you will take the lead in monitoring external market compensation trends so that our compensation practices are relevant and attract and retain top talent, and you'll develop incentive designs grounded with best practice approaches. You'll assist in the annual year-end compensation decision-making process and conducting planned and ad hoc analyses in support of high-level compensation initiatives for our firm's Compensation Policy Committee.
Lastly, you will be able to influence across McKinsey’s global, decentralized professional environment, gaining credibility quickly and building relationships across the firm.