The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harry’s a better place to do great work, grow our people, and build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-people to join us!
As the Manager, Compensation, you will become the second member of the Harry’s Compensation team, focused on administering and enhancing the compelling compensation programs that we offer. This role is tailor made for someone who understands that compensation isn’t one-size fits all, cares deeply about how their work impacts the team, and is dedicated to ensuring our compensation programs strengthen the employee experience. Harry’s is also embarking on a multi-year journey towards greater compensation transparency, so if you get excited about creating and managing processes and practices that enable us to share deeper insights and data with our team, then this role is for you!
What you will accomplish
- Serve as a key player in the day-to-day operations by managing compensation data requests from cross-functional partners, overseeing the new hire offer approval exception process, and providing support for compensation and short and long term incentive programs and projects
- Manage external benchmarking process by submitting data to compensation survey submissions. Manage relationships with third-party vendors for survey submissions.
- Keep a pulse on the compensation landscape by reviewing and analyzing the benchmark data, and making recommendations to our compensation ranges and equity guidelines to ensure market competitiveness. Update and maintain compensation ranges and equity guidelines.
- Independently manage mid-year promotion compensation cycle and partner with the Senior Compensation Manager on a seamless administration of the annual merit cycle
- Tracks YTD results for performance-based cash and equity incentive programs. Track utilization of equity budget and provide quarterly updates on usage and dilution to Harry’s Leadership and Compensation Committee
- Manage recurring equity processes, including monthly equity approvals and terminations and serve as the first point of contact for equity questions from current and former employees.
- Collaborate with the Senior Compensation Manager to research and develop new compensation program initiatives and improve current processes. Assist drive the change management and communication efforts associated with implementation
This should describe you
- Demonstrated experience in multiple areas of compensation - job matching and market pricing, incentive compensation, etc.
- Intermediate Google Sheets or Excel knowledge including sorting/filtering, pivot tables, complex functions and strong quantitative skills
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to think critically. You operate with a high level of autonomy and are solution-oriented, with a track record of solid decision making.
- You are highly organized and great at multitasking. You sweat the small stuff. You have systems and processes in place to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. You don't get stressed with a lot thrown at you, and can execute quickly but with a high degree of accuracy.
- You work well with fast-changing priorities. You can juggle (not literally but that skill is welcome too!) multiple projects and tasks at the same time without losing focus. You know how to persevere through all challenges and will find a solution, even when an obvious one doesn’t exist.
- You get excited about improving programs and processes, and finding efficiencies
- You are endlessly reliable, trustworthy, and responsive. Everyone counts on you all of the time, and you always come through. You communicate proactively and empathetically. You can handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality, and address sensitive situations in a constructive and compassionate manner
- You love all things related to data. You have an ability to see data and numbers and know how to translate this into something meaningful. You’re willing to get deep into the data when the situation calls for it. You bring an analytical approach to problem solving.
Here’s who you’ll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Compensation Manager
- Working on the People Team
- Working cross-functionally with and becoming a trusted-go-to-resource on compensation for Recruiting, People Business Partners, and Finance