LOCATION: The Forbes office is currently remote. There is flexibility for the location of this position to be based in our office in Jersey City, NJ (when open) or for this role to be fully remote, within the U.S.
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture, and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Forbes seeks a Head of Compensation to join our team at this exciting time in our company’s history. This individual will report to the Head of Human Resources and partner closely with our Executive leadership including Finance, Legal and Benefits as we prepare to go public. This is a highly visible role that will work across the organization, through all levels of the executive team, compensation committee and board of directors. We’re looking for an experienced compensation professional who can assess, create, and build programs and processes that will scale and align with our strong business growth. This person will be a critical driver for decisions that will deliver creative, competitive, and analytically driven compensation programs to align with our business strategy.
- Manage and oversee the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and reporting of executive and equity compensation programs and initiatives.
- A subject matter expert who will lead practices for fair and equitable pay, create sustainable and competitive incentive compensation and suggest investment in resources and technology.
- Benchmark our compensation across our peer-set to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape.
- Lead direction on market analysis and job profile insights for new and existing roles.
- Partner closely with our Benefits & HRIS team.
- Work closely with our recruiting team to build competitive and equitable compensation offers, while utilizing knowledge of the evolving talent landscape.
- Partner closely with HRBP and executive leadership to develop promotion and retention strategies.
- Leverage knowledge of market conditions and competitive talent landscape to design tailored strategies for compensation concerning key talent segments.
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and financial modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong influencer with a collaborative approach.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years’ experience in Compensation, including Equity design, Sales Compensation, and Executive Compensation.
- Must come from a public company and have experience working with a compensation committee to articulate and deliver compensation that aligns to the needs of a high-growth organization, including equity-based compensation.
- Demonstrated ability of leading through change by being a hands-on, forward-thinking leader.
- Track record of effectively partnering with internal senior leaders and executive team.
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations.
- Proven track record of prioritizing and driving to success multiple projects with a strong operational background.
Please apply through this link: https://apply.workable.com/forbes-media/j/DBA8AFC59F/