IPG Health (www.ipghealth.com) is a recently formed operating company within Interpublic Group (www.interpublic.com). With over 5,000 employees across 6 continents, IPG Health is the largest healthcare marketing services business in the world. IPG Health sits at the nexus of creativity, digital channels, technology, and data, ready to help clients accelerate their business and impact on lives around the world. They are singularly focused on creating game-changing marketing solutions that accelerate progress in health for good and for all.
This newly created role will report to the Chief Talent Officer (CTO) for the IPG Health and be a member of the HR Leadership Group. The role will hold a Vice President or Senior Vice President title, dependent upon the experience level of the selected candidate. The role will be based in midtown Manhattan and offer a hybrid work model.
The Director of Compensation will be a strategic partner to IPG Health executive leadership, utilizing business intelligence and a strong foundation in compensation fundamentals to craft and deliver the compensation strategy, programs and analysis that will attract, motivate and retain top talent. The role will oversee and direct benchmarking, salary range effectiveness, pay equity, incentive program management, annual compensation process, job grading, compensation data and analytics.
- Leverage an innovative approach to ensure compensation programs and practices are competitive to attract and retain talent, drive business results, incent the right behaviors and enhance OpCo growth and a people-oriented culture.
- Evaluate competitive practices, assesses the company’s position to market, and make recommendations that are aligned with best practices and business objectives.
- Continually review, research and analyze compensation processes to identify and recommend changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality. Develop tools and information presentation methods to deliver information in the appropriate context and format that best supports the organization.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to leaders, managers, employees, and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of the organization's compensation programs and policies with a focus on pay equity, market competitiveness and rewarding personal contribution to organizational goals.
Pay Equity & Benchmarking
- Continue and manage the pay equity review process across the OpCo. Recommend strategies for achieving pay equity goals as required.
- Continue review of salary bands. Partner with Talent Acquisition to review market data to ahead of compensation trends.
- Conduct job evaluations for new and existing positions to determine appropriate job level and salary grade. Evaluate and analyze market data, determine FLSA status, and maintain appropriate documentation regarding the review.
- Participate in salary surveys by gathering the data and submitting information to relevant parties; analyze information on the organizations position,
Annual Compensation Process
- Lead the annual compensation and incentive planning process.
- Advise leadership on salary budgets, recommended ranges and provide reporting and analytics to support decision making.
- Facilitate a formal process for reviewing submissions with a pay equity lens
Data & Analytics
- Create, maintain, and analyze analytics/metrics regarding compensation.
- Partner with HR Technology team on the systems related to compensation and reporting
- Lead creation of specialized reports and dashboards.
- Present relevant data and interpretation to leadership for review and decision-making purposes.
- Determine strategy and facilitate global mobility, which includes managing related tax and immigration/visa events.
- Contribute to the completion of critical and significant projects within Compensation. May lead projects in specific areas, establishing and managing project plans for timely and effective program execution. Work closely with other members of HR team to solve problems and accomplish project initiatives. Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues.
- Manage and develop a team of compensation professionals.
- Keep up with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements’
- Other duties as consistent with this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field. Advanced degree is a plus, but not required.
- 15+ years of progressive leadership, management, and compensation experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with multiple peer groups and levels of management.
- Experience with compensation plan design, benchmarking and survey data, incentive plan design and administration. Experience with compensation and incentive plan design, benchmarking and survey data in markets outside of the United States is required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to solve problems using best practices, knowledge of internal and external business issues to provide a new perspective on existing solutions or create new solutions
- Skilled at building trust and developing relationships with people internally and externally at all levels within a matrixed organization
- Must be comfortable and able to work in a fast-paced changing environment, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects at once with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Excellent ability to handle information in a manner which protects its confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of general employment law and practices
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Highly detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Acts with integrity and demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, HRIS systems, and compensation software
- Proven expertise in Excel including development of spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables, graphing as well as summarize data from multiple sources.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should contact Joan Colten at email@example.com.