This position will provide research, analytical, and coordination support to the Compensation function.
- Assists in performing job analysis and in conducting job evaluations which may include middle management positions. Helps record changes to existing job descriptions to document modifications as well as to reflect changes in organizational structure over time. Assists in the preparation, maintenance, and quality control of all job descriptions including, working with departments to develop new job descriptions as needed
Prepares salary and peer analysis reports.
Reviews and approves both represented and non-represented salary actions according to established guidelines.
Supports organizational re-structuring, and/or consolidations as required, e.g., Transformation, IT, Procurement, New Fare Payment, to support the business' requirements
Assists with supporting research to help determine FLSA exemption status to ensure compliance with legal regulations on a federal as well as statutory level
Assists with preparing data and participating in surveys; provides research and/or analysis for special projects (i.e., NYS Public Data Requests, Agency Salary Requests, etc.)
Conducts analysis and maintains compensation reports and queries. Maintains compensation data ensuring accuracy and data integrity
Creates and maintains compensation and other HR related reports and queries utilizing various HR automated data systems. Creates various ad hoc reports as required
Supports the research, analysis, and administration of salaries and/or hourly rates of new hires and internal promotions to ensure that requested salary actions are aligned with salary administration guidelines
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and HR automated data systems, preferably PeopleSoft or a comparable system.
Excellent oral, written, mathematical, and project management skills with adherence to deadlines.
Ability to work independently
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively in a team environment and with all levels of management in a fast-paced challenging atmosphere.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of two years' experience working in a Compensation and/or HRIS environment or in another Human Resources role.
- Knowledge of and experience with using Microsoft Excel with some exposure to formulas, pivot tables, and VLOOKUP.
Knowledge of the Hay job classification system
Experience with total compensation statements design, implementation, or maintenance
Knowledge of compensation survey principles/methods
Knowledge of MTA operations
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) through WorldatWork Certification
Professional in HR (PHR) through HRCI Certification
Certified Professional (CP) through SHRM Certification
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $101,379 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.